Director of Practice Programs and Faculty member
Position: Director of Practice Programs and Faculty member
Larkin University College of Pharmacy is in search of a full-time Director of Experiential Education, responsible for serving in both the Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences and the Department of Experiential Education. The ideal candidate should possess the expertise of a faculty member with teaching and research credentials/goals, along with proven leadership abilities. The Director will report directly to the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education within the College of Pharmacy.
The ideal candidate for this position will play a crucial role in fostering growth and providing leadership within the Department. They should embody a culture of kindness, accountability, and a strong respect for process and quality. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have the ability to positively influence and mentor Faculty members within the college of Pharmacy of Larkin University, while also demonstrating leadership in educational innovation and technologies. The desired educational background for this role is a board-certified Pharmacist with a terminal degree of PharmD.
Director’s duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Dean and Assistant Dean of Experiential Education in ensuring the integrity of the University and the College of Pharmacy (COP) are in line with the founding principles, values, mission, and goals and department specific policies and procedures;
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education, Experiential Education Coordinator, Operations Advisor, other administrators, faculty and staff for the continued development of the Experiential Education curriculum;
- Recruit, establish, train and maintain licensed pharmacists and/or other practitioners (as applicable) who satisfy the criteria for preceptors to meet the needs and practice interests of students while developing additional geographic regions and preparing for colligate growth;
- Assist in updating experiential policies and procedures, manuals, assignments, and syllabi for the introductory (IPPE) and advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) program;
- Assist in overseeing the experiential program including capacity, student schedules, evaluations of students, preceptors, and sites in close collaboration with the Experiential Education Coordinator and Operations Advisor and experiential management system.
- Utilize feedback from student and preceptor evaluations for purposes of preceptor feedback, preceptor development, and quality improvements to the IPPE and APPE program;
- Provide effective written and verbal communication with preceptors, sites, and students;
- Positively represent the OEE to external institutions, organizations and agencies by exhibiting professionalism and providing mentorship and client centered support to preceptors and students during the experiential program;
- Ensure that site specific requirements and preceptor data is provided to the Experiential Education Coordinator in a timely manner for entry into the Experiential Management System
- Collaborates with the Chair of Clinical and Administrative Sciences, clinical faculty, and Assistant Dean of Experiential Education to develop and maintain ongoing preceptor development initiatives including new faculty practice sites;
- Support community outreach for didactic interprofessional education (IPE) and assist in coordination of IPE case days;
- Participate in activities related to the Community Outreach and Interprofessional Relations Committee and serve as a liaison for community partners;
- Assist in activities related to program accreditation by various national, regional, state and other accreditation and regulatory agencies;
- Participate in didactic education including IPPE and APPE Orientation/Preparation and lectures related to practice areas of interest;
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops;
- Serve on committee(s) of COP/Institution (to be determined by the Dean in Collaboration with the Assistant Dean for Experiential Education;
- Maintain a 30% commitment to the Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences for didactic classroom teaching time (may fluctuate due to program needs)
- Ensure the development, furtherance, and improvement of curriculum and educational assessment tools;
- Provide mentoring/advising of students;
- Ensure compliance with all LU policies and procedures;
- Promote safe working conditions and procedures in the Department and College;
- Promote collegiality, professional and ethical behaviors;
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested by the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education, Chair of Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences, or Dean.
Larkin University is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Larkin University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants are required to send a single PDF document consisting of a letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, and names and contact information of three references. References will only be contacted for final candidates.
Submit the required documentation to the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education, Andrea Murzello, Pharm.D. at email@example.com.