Job Title –Unarmed Security Officer
Job Type – Full Time
Location – Miami Gardens, Florida
Position supervised by – Facilities Manager
Larkin University is a private, non-profit educational institution currently comprised of the College of Biomedical Sciences and the College of Pharmacy. Larkin University offers programs with the mission to educate students in a multicultural environment using inter-professional education, modern technologies and knowledge founded on evidence-based science to serve the needs of our students, our research, and the community.
- Conducts regularly scheduled surveillance and reports all issues
- Patrols campus areas on foot and with golf cart
- Assess for security and life safety matters which may include but are not limited to vandalism, suspicious activity of any persons, and potential safety/fire hazards relating to entire premises
- Works closely with all associates of the university to maintain a secure learning environment by proactively working with the university’s leadership team
- Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to facilities manager – Follows up action
- Receive and distribute mails into mailbox
- Maintains contact with law enforcement
- Check all doors and windows to ensure they are tightly closed and locked, making sure all exits are secured after hours; log and report any unlocked doors/windows to Facilities Manager in a timely manner
- Check legal photo identification upon arrival of guest and issue visitor pass
- Assist any persons on campus needing directions or information
- Informs host and escorts guest to desired destination upon they arrival
- Understands all Safety/Security Policy and Procedures
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls
- Participates and assists in fire/ disaster drills
- Ensure cars are legally parked and/or calls towing company (if needed)
- Stays informed of developments in the field of safety and security
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position should be collaborative/team player, highly organized, self-motivated, self-directed, proactive, have attention to detail, professional and flexible.
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF document to HR (firstname.lastname@example.org), which includes the following components in this order:
1) Updated curriculum vitae, and
2) Two names and contact information for two professional references. (With at least one reference from the most current employment)
Larkin University is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Larkin University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.