Facilities Manager Job Description
Job Title – Facilities Manager
Job Type – Full Time
Location – Miami Gardens, Florida
Position supervised by – Human Resources
Larkin University is a private, non-profit educational institution currently comprised of the College of Biomedical Sciences and the College of Pharmacy. Larkin University offers programs with the mission to educate students in a multicultural environment using inter-professional education, modern technologies and knowledge founded on evidence-based science to serve the needs of our students, our research, and the community.
The Facilities Manager will plan, will accompany, and assist the Director of Human Resources & Operations in overseeing and implementing plans and policies that promote quality and excellence throughout the University’s facilities.
- Oversees and coordinates the workflow of security and cleaning crew
- Assists Director of Human Resources & Operations in conducting performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- May assist Director of Human Resources & Operations with employment matters including discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with LU policy
- Research and estimates costs of facilities projects including costs for labor, equipment, and materials
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Oversees construction and design projects to ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulations, architectural standards, and contractual requirements
- Performs or facilitates inspections of all parts of the University’s grounds and facilities; approves renovations, maintenance, and installations when necessary
- Maintains a recordkeeping system documenting facility use, maintenance schedules, and any other information required by internal policy or by local, state, and federal agencies
- Maintains an ongoing dialogue and working relationship with staff from other departments to ensure facilities needs and problems are quickly communicated, identified, and resolved
- Maintains design and construction records
- Maintains and issues keys or other access to various rooms
- Collaborates with other staff to review and update the organization’s physical master plan
- Assists with preparation of the yearly facilities management budget and special budgets for future building and remodeling projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods walking around the building and standing on feets.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the LU equipment.
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF document to HR (email@example.com), which includes the following components in this order:
1) Updated curriculum vitae, and
2) Two names and contact information for two professional references. (With at least one reference from the most current employment)
Larkin University is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Larkin University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.